Monday, February 7, 2011

Versatile Meatballs : Spaghetti & Meatballs

As promised, the recipe for the tomato sauce the meatballs are in. I love these spaghetti & meatballs! They remind me of when I was a child spending time at my grandmother's, she would spend an entire day making spaghetti & meatballs, then after a delicious dinner, she would freeze quart-size bags and then we could have spaghetti & meatballs whenever we wanted! 


Versatile Meatballs - Spaghetti & Meatballs : 
2- 28oz Can tomato sauce
1 Large Tomato (once chopped roughly 3 C) or 28 oz Can diced tomatoes
1- 6 oz Can tomato Paste
1 Bell pepper
1 Yellow onion
1 t Garlic powder
Salt
Black pepper

- In a large pot, combine tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, & tomato paste
- Finely chop bell pepper & onion -- add to pot
- Add garlic powder & stir -- Turn the heat onto medium-high & cover
- After 15 min, stir, add meatballs & salt & pepper to taste -- stir & cover
- After 15 min, taste the sauce, adjust seasonings if needed, if the sauce is too thick, add 1/2 C water & stir
- Let the sauce cook for another 30 minutes on medium -- Check at 15 min intervals
- Serve over pasta

VOILA!
Simple Spaghetti & Meatballs!



2 comments:

  1. I have to admit.. I have never tried spaghetti with meat balls.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you have to! It is one of my favorite dishes ever! I really recommend spaghetti with meatballs!!!

    ReplyDelete